FOR ARTISTS AND VENDORS
Free outdoor concerts STARRING... (DMW Legend Revealed Soon)
plus over 40 showcases highlighting Detroit’s premiere music, dance and theatre
Explore Detroit’s new restaurants and retail stores with special festival discounts
WHO? (so far)
- DMW Legend / Saturday afternoon headliner
- TBD / Saturday evening headliner
- An all-star band of Detroit alumni musicians who work with some of the industry’s hottest names on Friday night
- An induction ceremony and concert for the R&B Hall of Fame on Sunday evening
- And all day Saturday …. YOU (we hope!)
It’s a weekend festival, with a dedicated free-to-the-public outdoor concert day, surrounded by the area’s best performing arts groups in all genres, plus cultural organization exhibits. It also highlights the incredible restaurant and retail scene that has popped up and turned huge overnight.
From the Music Hall Center to Detroit Opera House, and the spaces in between and all around.
Friday evening June 14 – Sunday evening June 17. With a few hours budgeted in for sleeping.
It’s the Festival that the world thinks we already have. But we don’t. So now we do. Everyone knows how creative we are in the performing arts. Since we’ll have some 20,000 people here to see Aretha, let’s take the opportunity to show off as many of our local artists as we can. By including as many musical and performing genres as possible, we are also saying that the performing arts unite us and we are a powerful economic development story.